Monday, September 30, 2013

reveiw of project1 silohuettes.

These were my first color studies for the silohuette project. I wanted to create pirate scenes inside marine animals. I started with complimentary colors then moved on to purples and red. I thought it might make them look a little more fanciful. In the end I stuck with the complimentary colors plus a little bit of ink. Here are the final pieces before I cleaned up the boards and matted them==
During critique the main issue is that you can't see the people in my peices very well because they are so small. I plan on going back in with pure color to pop them out. I painted these with acrylic paint and it ended up getting very very thick so the layering got harder and harder, but overall the class was happy with them and so was I. I just need to tweak a few things!

No comments:

Post a Comment